Facts About Austria
Where is Austria located? What language to Austrians speak? How do I best get around? We answer these questions and more.
Austria's provinces and federal capitals
Austria is divided into nine federal regions (Bundesländer)
- Vorarlberg - capital: Bregenz, pop. 29,139
- Tirol - capital: Innsbruck, pop. 130,894
- Salzburg - capital: Salzburg, pop. 150,887
- Upper Austria - capital: Linz, pop. 200,841
- Lower Austria - capital St. Pölten, pop. 53,445
- Vienna - Austria's capital, pop. 1,840,573
- Styria - capital: Graz, pop. 280,200
- Carinthia - capital: Klagenfurt, pop. 99,110
- Burgenland - capital: Eisenstadt, pop. 14,241
Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm (AEST)
Please note that our office is not open to the general public. Please contact us via phone or email for any holiday enquiries.
Sign up for our newsletter!
Receive the latest news on holidays in Austria and get updated on current offers and events.
Simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org including your company and contact details.