Facts About Austria
Where is Austria located? What language to Austrians speak? How do I best get around? We answer these questions and more.
Austria's provinces and federal capitals
Austria is divided into nine federal regions (Bundesländer)
- Vorarlberg - capital: Bregenz, pop. 29,139
- Tirol - capital: Innsbruck, pop. 130,894
- Salzburg - capital: Salzburg, pop. 150,887
- Upper Austria - capital: Linz, pop. 200,841
- Lower Austria - capital St. Pölten, pop. 53,445
- Vienna - Austria's capital, pop. 1,840,573
- Styria - capital: Graz, pop. 280,200
- Carinthia - capital: Klagenfurt, pop. 99,110
- Burgenland - capital: Eisenstadt, pop. 14,241
Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm (AEST)
Please note that our office is not open to the general public. Please contact us via phone or email for any holiday enquiries.